The Reverend John Henry Richards, M.A., B.D., was an Anglican priest who served in Wales. He is known for his English translations of ancient texts which he put in the public domain and distributed on the Internet. Two of his translations are on this website.
1957: Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, B.A (2nd class, Modern Languages)
1973‒74: St Mary's College, Newcastle on Tyne, Teachers’ Training Course
1975: Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, M.A.
1975‒77: St Michael’s College, Llandaff, 1975-77, B.D.
1977: Deaconed, Llandaff
1978: Priested, Llandaff
1977‒79: Curate, Llangynwyd with Maesteg (Llandaff Diocese)
1977‒79: Curate, St John the Baptist Cardiff (Llandaff Diocese) and Asst Chaplain, University College, Cardiff
1982‒83: Vicar, Penmark with Porthkerry (Llandaff Diocese)
1983: Rector, Stackpole Elidor with St Petrox (St Davids Diocese)
1985: …with Bosherston and St Twynells
We wish to thank the Reverend Canon Roger Jones, John Henry Richards’ successor, for helping us gather the information on this page.
Photo of St. Michael and All Angels Church copyright Carl Ryan.
This page was first published on February 6, 2014 and last revised on August 22, 2023.